Wednesday, July 15, 2009

16 Days To Go!

In just 16 days, my Earthwatch Expedition begins! This week I e-mailed 2 of the other 4 people on my team. One woman is a teacher from Bogota, NJ. The other woman lives in Boston. I have yet to hear back from the other 2 people, who I think are a married couple. Today, I called and reserved land transportation, to and from SFO (San Francisco International Airport) to the rendezvous point at MRY (Monterey Bay Airport), with Monterey Airbus. I also called to confirm my dive suit rental, for $10 a day, from Kayak Connections, in the Elkhorn Slough. The shop, however, does not rent water boots. Kayak Connection told me that "all the shark scientists who shop there where high cut booties. They’ll get shredded through the week... so it's worth the $35 to just buy them.” In the end, I bought the boots locally, at the Hunterdon SCUBA Center, in Flemington.

No comments:

Post a Comment