Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My New Assignment... Costa Rica!

After a stressful week, I have now been reassigned to a new Earthwatch expedition. Apparently, no more teams are to be sent to the Elkhorn Slough, in California. I will now be joining a team in Costa Rica! The expedition is called Costa Rican Coffee From Community to Cup. I leave 1 week later, 8 days, from August 9 - 16. This expedition looks to be a better fit to teach to my social studies students. According to Earthwatch, I will "discover the impact of your consumer choices first hand while helping coffee farmers and scientists create coffee farms that are better for the environment and their communities." I will be joining a team of 11, including 3 teachers from New Jersey, as well as employees of the California Forest Service. The below clip explains to importance of this new expedition:

Here is my new expedition briefing:
http://www.earthwatch.org/exped/chandler.html

No comments:

Post a Comment